Saturday, December 10, 2011

David's Fat Bike - The Start

I am very excited about starting this project.  It is for an avid rider that
wants to build something different (at least for me).  It is going to be an
extra large bike in several ways.  First, David the owner is 6'5" tall.  The
tallest rider I have built for yet.  He is also going for a Fat Bike, also
known as a snow bike.  This one will have 4.7" tires and 170mm rear
axle width.  This will be a challenge, and that is exciting to me.

I started today by mitering and tinning the seat tube to the 100mm
wide Bottom bracket shell.  This is the first frame that I am using my
Gasfluxer system on and so far I like it ALOT!  I hope to have the
rest of the front triangle tubes mitered this weekend.  I failed to notice
that my tanks were running low, so I will have to wait until next week
to braze the front triangle.  I probably wouldn't get to that this weekend
anyway since I am spending a good chunk of tomorrow working as a
timer at my daughter's swim meet.








No comments:

Post a Comment