Thursday, December 15, 2011

David's Fat Bike - Chainstay Planning

Started planning how I am going to attack the chainstays. I made some
carboard templates of the tires to add to my 29er wheel template to use
for clearance checks to the chanstays.  I am going to build a new bending
fixture to tweak the chainstays.  I will also be putting some dents on the
inside of the stays to add clearance to the 'Big Fat Larry' tires.  I am not
sure which of the two chainstay styles (see pic below) that I want to use.
I think that the thing to do is modify both of them, check them out and
then choose.  Sounds like a plan.  What do you think David?



2 comments:

  1. I think the top stay in the picture looks like it has the proper bend for clearance, it'll be nice to see that wheel in there when you can tack it place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, BTW - that ST/DT/BB junction braze looks like butter on a hot roll, so smooth.

    Bob, you are killing me with how well you're documenting this build - thank you!

    Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete